OfficeAccord and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Our commitment to you and the protection of your data
Why is the GDPR important?
The GDPR, which went into effect on May 25, 2018, is the most comprehensive EU data privacy law in decades. The GDPR introduces obligations on all organizations that handle EU citizens’ personal data, regardless where the organization is located. Here is how we help our customers comply with the GDPR.
How we ensure we and our customers comply with the GDPR
Below outlines how we comply with the regulations outlined in the GDPR.
1. We've partnered with Microsoft Azure
who provide one of the highest security infrastructure, data protection, and hosting certifications on the market.
2. We update our relevant contractual terms
3. We update to relevant contractual terms
We chose to partner with Microsoft Azure because they are a leading hosting provider who is Privacy Shield certified. In addition, we make a legal assertion with each of our clients via standard Contractual Clauses that clearly identifies who is the Data Owner (our clients) versus the Data Processor (OfficeAccord.)
4. We offer data portability and data management tools
- Import and export tools.
- Profile deletion tools.
- Quick access to OfficeAccord’s site settings. An available contact button to contact an administrator who controls your site’s settings.