LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. In no event will OfficeAccord, its employees, agents, and sub-contractors be liable to Customer, its Users or to any third party for damages in excess of any fees paid by customer for the license provided hereunder or any special, incidental, punitive, indirect or consequential damages (including loss of use, data, business or profits, revenue, goodwill, anticipated savings) or for the cost of procuring substitute products. In no event will OfficeAccord or its sub-contractors be liable to Customer or to any third party for damages in excess of any fees paid by Customer for the license provided herein. OfficeAccord shall not be liable whether in tort (including for negligence or breach of statutory duty), contract, misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise for any loss of profits, loss of business, depletion of goodwill and/or similar losses or loss or corruption of data or information, or pure economic loss, or for any special, indirect or consequential loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses however arising under this Agreement.
Please post responsibly.
Some general guidelines are as follows:
1) Can I post items for sale from a family member or friend (e.g., a car, sofa, etc.)? Yes, as long as it is a personal item and not one purchased for the purpose of reselling for a profit.
2) Can I post services of a friend or relative such as a hair salon, auto repair service or a restaurant? No. This tool should not be used as a tool to solicit work for businesses.
3) Do the guidelines allow me to sell homemade products (e.g., bird houses, candies, jewelry, etc.) on this tool, or homemade products made by a relative or friend? Yes, as long as they are made as a hobby as opposed to a business and were not bought from someone else for the purpose of using this tool to resell for a profit.
4) Can I post information about non-profit/charitable (e.g., school, church, etc.) activities? Yes. The exception to the rule against commercial solicitations is that employees are allowed to post notices announcing charitable events (including fundraising activity) such as a half-marathon or performance. No solicitations should be made for non-charitable organizations (e.g. political parties, political candidates, etc.)
5) Can I post information to rent my condo, mobile home, townhouse, single family house, etc.? Yes, as long as it is not managed under a formal form of business entity such as an LLC, S Corporation, etc. In that circumstance, you would be soliciting for a business which is prohibited in accordance to our guidelines.
6) Can this tool be used to ask for a referral for a service like a plumber or a real estate agency? Yes, although responses to referral requests should not be posted on this tool. Our intent is to allow employees to benefit from the good experiences that other employees have had with a service provider. This tool should not be used as a tool to solicit work for businesses. If a referral is provided, it should be responded to via e-mail or telephone call, not via this tool.
7) My neighbor’s dog just had puppies. Can I post information about the sale of those puppies? Yes, unless your neighbor is a professional dog breeder.
8) Can I post tickets for an event (i.e., symphony, football tickets, etc.) on this tool? It depends. If you purchased tickets that you need to sell because you will not be able to attend the event, then the answer is yes. You may sell those tickets only at face value or less than face value. If you are promoting events or selling tickets and you receive any kind of payment from an event sponsor, you may not post that information on this tool. Such back-end marketing is considered commercial solicitation and is not allowed.
9) Are there any restrictions on when I use this tool? Use of this tool should not interfere with your work activities. It is each individual’s responsibility not to abuse this privilege.