Help for Site AdministratorsAre you a Site Administrator? Use these helpful FAQs to help administer your site.
1. How do I provide a user with administrator permissions?
How to upload many users at once.1. Select Manage Users under the Settings button at the top right of your screen.
2. Find the user you want to give permissions to and select the pencil icon (Edit)
3. Scroll down to Permissions
- Manage site settings: allows user to change the site configurations. We recommend not to assign this permission to many users.
- Manage content: indicates who will receive alerts for reported items and who has access to edit and delete posts.
- Manage categories: allows user to add and delete categories (buy & sell, events, conversations, etc.)
- Manage users:
- Manage local users: allows user to add and delete users in the user’s own location.
- Manage all users: allows user to add and delete users in all locations where he/she is assigned.
4. Click Submit to save.
2. Some users want their contact information to remain private. Can I give them this option?
Yes you can.
1. Select Manage Site under the Settings button at the top right of your screen.
2. Scroll down to Contact Privacy and tick the box.
4. Activate “Contact privacy”
Note: Once Jill allows Paul to view her contact information, Paul will be able to view her contact information henceforth.
5. Select Submit to save your changes.
3. Why can I not remove a location from a particular user?
This is because the user has posted items that are still live in the said location. Please instruct the user to delete his/her items from the said location.
Why we do this: To avoid orphaned items with no associated user. This keeps the system clean and free of old posts.
4. How do end users report an inappropriate post?
All users can report an item. They simply need to select the Report button located at the bottom of each post. This will send a notification email to all Site Administrators with Manage Content permissions of the potential issue in need of review.
5. How do I flag a post so it is removed from display but not permanently deleted?
6. How can I receive notifications to my personal email or phone?
1. Select your Profile in the top, right of your screen.
2. From the dropdown menu, select Notifications
3. Select your preferred method in both the Notify me via & Text me via sections
4. Click Submit to save your changes.
7. How do I change the Welcome message users receive upon first login?
1. Select Manage Site from the Admin settings drop down in the top right of your screen.
2. Within the Configurations tab, scroll down to Login Settings.
3. Add your custom welcome message in the “Welcome” section.
4. Click Submit to save your changes.
8. How do I add a new user?
1. Under the Settings icon in the top right of your screen, select Manage Users.
2. Select the Add button on the top right of your screen and complete the required fields highlighted in blue. (The rest are optional.)
3. If the user requires, site administration permissions, you can find them in the Permissions section.
4. Choose to have the system send the user his/her user credentials.
5. Click Submit.
9. How can I use the import file to upload multiple users at the same time?
Important! Create one Import file per Primary location. For example, create one important file for your employees whose primary location is located in Chicago. Create a separate import file for those users whose primary location is in New York.
2. Under the Settings icon in the top right of your screen, select Manage Users.
3. Click on the arrow next to the Add button on the top right and select Import user accounts
4. Upload your user file.
5. Map the Source field to the Destination field by first clicking on the Source and then to it’s corresponding destination field.
For example, the “Email” of the Source field maps to the “Email” of the Destination field.
6. Select the appropriate Primary and Additional locations.
7. Select/unselect the options thereafter.
8. Click Submit.